LABORATORY ORGANIC REACTIONS OF MICROPOROUS MATERIALS
Main research topics:
• Synthesis of micro/mesoporous and nanostructured oxides.
• Development of methods for functionalization with different organic groups of nanosized mesoporous silica materials with different morphology.
• Modification of mesoporous materials with nanosized transition metal/ metal oxide species.
• Physicochemical characterization of modified materials (temperature gravimetrical analysis, temperature programmed reduction, infrared spectroscopy, UV-VIS spectroscopy, adsorption methods etc.).
• Investigation of catalytic properties of modified nanocomposite materials:
- Methanol conversion to hydrocarbons, hydrogen, CO and methane as a source of alternative ecological fuel from renewable sources and industry supply with gas mixtures;
- Catalytic combustion of different volatile organic compounds (VOCs) for environmental protection;
- Conversion of alkylaromatic hydrocarbons for petrochemical industry;
- Selective oxidation of alcohols and olefins in gas or in liquid phase for the preparation of intermediates for pharmacy and chemical industry.
• Investigation of the relation between catalyst composition, structure and catalytic behaviour. Genesis of the catalytic sites and mechanism of the catalytic processes.
• Preparation of new drug delivery systems on the basis of mesoporous silicas with different structure, morphology, particle size and surface functionality.
• Study on the optimization of the loading capacity and release properties of loaded drugs - antibiotics, glucocorticoids, anti-inflammatory non-steriods and antioxidants.
Prof. DSc. Tanya Tsoncheva
|Prof. Tanya Hristova, DSc, Head||409||979 6640||tsoncheva|
|Prof. Margarita Popova, PhD||411||111||mpopova|
|Assoc. Prof. Momtchil Dimitrov, PhD||410||111||md2|
|Assist. Prof. Gloria Issa, PhD||402||109||issa|
|Assist. Prof. Ivalina Trendafilova, PhD||411||111||ivtrendafilova|
|Assist. Prof. Radostina Ivanova, PhD||402||111||radostinaiv|
|Aleksandara Mileva, PhD student||409||979 6640||amileva|
|Christina Lazarova, chemist||411||111||lazarova|