акад. Г. Ранков
Establishment of IC
The Institute of Organic Chemistry at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences formally established at the end of 1947 from the Institute of Chemistry (IC) - BAS, with the election of the first corresponding member of BAS Prof. Georgi Rankov.
18 MARCH 1960
Establishment of IOC
The Institute of Organic Chemistry at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences was founded in 1960. (Decision of the Presidium of BAS / March 18, 1960) with division of IC, as until 1961 the institute is located in block 23 of BAS.
Establishment of IP
Along the way of its development, IOC also started the Institute of Polymers (IP).
Prof. Iliya Ognyanov
Establishment of Centre of Phytochemistry
An important moment in the development of the Institute was the establishment in 1977 of the Centre for Phytochemistry (CF), established through a joint project of the Bulgarian government, UNDP and UNESCO for scientific and applied research and training. Director of the Center for Phytochemistry at its founding is Prof. Iliya Ognyanov.
Establishment of Institute of Catalysis
In 1983 is separated and established as a separate structural unit the Institute of Catalysis (IC).
Academician Bogdan Kurtev
Academician Ivan Juchnovski
Prof. Yuri Stefanovski
Prof. Bozhidar Chorbanov
Prof. Petko Ivanov