Bioactive Substances - Plovdiv
The Laboratory of Bioactive Substances – Plovdiv is founded in 1982 as a division of the Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry - Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The main research activities of the laboratory are:
• Isolation, purification, structure modification and characterization of pectic substances and other polysaccharides with biological activity
• Enzyme modification of biologically active polysaccharides.
• Investigation of the antioxidant properties of fruits, vegetables, herbs and mushrooms.
• Isolation and characterization of bioflavonoids (anthocyanins, chatehins, flavonols etc.) from plant materials
• Food chemistry
• Functional Foods: Obtaining, Analysis, Medical Investigations
• Development of technologies for fruit syrups and nectars in collaboration with VITANEA Ltd.
Prof. Petko Denev, PhD
|Prof. Petko Denev, PhD, Head||032 643140||petkodenev|
|Assist. Prof. Yordan Nikolaev Georgiev, PhD||032 642759||yordan.georgiev|
|Assist. Prof. Manol Ognyanov, PhD||032 642759||mogn|
|Desislava Teneva, PhD||032 642759||dteneva|
|Daniela Klisurova, chemist||dklisyrova|
|Irina Yanakieva, chemist||032 643140||irina.yanakieva|
|Galina Papazian, technician||032 643140||gdp|
|Marieta Anestieva, technician||032 643140||maa|